Off Campus Sponsor Billing
Off campus sponsors must submit a billing authorization to the University Cashier’s Office. This can be a letter (on letterhead) or standard voucher from your sponsoring organization that authorizes payment to NCSU. The authorizations must include the following information:
- Name of the student
- Social Security number and/or nine-digit Student ID number
- Items to be paid by sponsor (i.e., tuition, fees, housing, dining, telecommunication charges)
- Semester(s) authorized for payment
- Address to submit invoice
Non-campus Sponsors may send an authorization for several semesters or on a semester-by-semester basis.
- NCTAP is now being processed by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. Please contact OSFA to report these benefits.
- IBM sponsored students may submit a copy of their approved ALAP request form.
- ROTC students should contact their on-campus representative if the award does not appear on their billing statement or student account.
- GI Bill – all students attending under the GI Bill must be certified by the Veteran Affairs Office in Registration and Records prior to the start of the term. Students must either have a completed and approved GI Bill Payment Plan through TMS, approved and accepted Financial Aid or make payment in full by the due date to prevent cancellation.
AUTHORIZATION MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE THE DUE DATE OF EACH SEMESTER TO PREVENT CANCELLATION OF COURSE REGISTRATION. You can verify semester due dates on
our due date calendar. Please send the billing authorization to:
University Cashier's Office
2005 Harris Hall; Box 7213
Raleigh, NC 27695
Upon receipt of the authorization the specific charges will be removed from your Student Account. The Accounting Services Unit will bill your sponsor for the items they have agreed to pay. You are responsible for the items on the bill that are not covered by your sponsor. Sponsors are expected to remit payment within 30 days of the billing date on the invoice. If your sponsor fails to pay the agreed amount within 60 days of the billing date, the charges will be reapplied to your account and you will be responsible for payment.
REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAMS: If payment of your costs are dependent upon completion of the course(s) or receiving a grade, this is considered a reimbursement program and your educational expenses must be paid by due date. These arrangements are not considered a sponsorship.