Spring 2014 IMPORTANT BILLING AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
Including Late Registration payment policy
The schedule below will apply to all students registering for Spring 2014:
- Register on or before November 18, 2013 - payment is due midnight on December 10, 2013
- Register from November 19, 2013 through December 11, 2013 - payment is due by midnight on December 11, 2013
- Register from December 12, 2013 through December 18, 2013 - payment is due by midnight on December 18, 2013
- Students wishing to register after December 19, 2013 will be required to pay prior to registration, have approved and accepted aid, a Sponsor Authorization, or a current monthly payment plan.
- After payment is made, you must notify the Cashier’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to be cleared to register.
- Students registering after January 10, 2014 must have completed Schedule Revision form(s) before pre-paying or being cleared by the cashier’s office if using Financial Aid or a Sponsorship.
Students who register for the first time this term during the Late Registration period (begins November 19) will not receive a billing statement prior to the payment due date. However, charges are posted to your student account as you register for each class and are viewable on your account Summary via MyPACK Portal and must be paid by the dates listed above.
Students registering for the first time during the late Registration Period are Subject to a $100 late registration fee. Students registering for the first time after January 17, 2014 are subject to a $250 late registration fee. *UGS, PBS, Inter-Institutional, new undergraduate and new graduate students are excluded from the $100 late fee, however, these students are subject to the $250 late fee if they enroll for the first time after the last day to enroll (January 17).
You must pay your account balance, be approved for sufficient financial aid, have a confirmed sponsorship, or be enrolled and current with our authorized payment plan (TMS) by the due date associated with your registration period or your schedule is subject to cancellation.
***If you have applied for the insurance waiver, but the credit has not posted to your account, you will need to pay the cost of the insurance and it will be refunded after the credit is received from the Insurance Department
Students whose schedules are cancelled due to non-payment must pre-pay, have approved and accepted Financial Aid, a current Monthly Payment Plan, and/or a confirmed Sponsorship before being cleared to re-register and will be charged a $100 Late Registration Fee.
To view your current Student Account information and make payment, from the Student Center page, select the “My Student Account” link under Finances. Click the “Make Payment” link on the “billing” or “payments” tab. You can pay with a no-fee draft from your checking or savings account. You may also use your MasterCard, Discover, American Express or Diners Club. There is a 2% fee for all credit /debit card transactions.
- Payment must be received by the due date or your schedule is subject to cancellation.
- Online payments made through MyPACK Portal are posted immediately to your student account.
- Payments are not accepted in the Cashier’s Office at Harris Hall. If you plan to mail your payment, please allow sufficient time for it to be received by our payment processor. Send your check (with Student ID number on front of check) and remittance advice to our payment processor:
NC State University
PO Box 900013
Raleigh, NC 27675-9013
- If you use your bank’s online bill pay system, they will mail a check. Please be sure you allow time for mailing and processing the payment and that the student’s nine digit ID number is printed on the check.
Students whose aid award does not appear as “Estimated Financial Aid” on the billing information tab (under Student Center, Finances, “My Student Account”) should be sure that they have accepted the award(s) and completed the Master Promissory Note and/or Entrance Loan Counseling. You will need to contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (919-515-2421) if it still does not appear on your student account. Any amounts not covered by the aid award must be paid by the due date. We cannot hold schedules based on Pending Financial Aid Awards.
All scholarships must be reported directly to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
Do not mail Scholarship checks to the PO BOX address above. These payments must be sent to:
Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
Campus Box 7302
Raleigh NC 27695-7302
Monthly Payment Plan
The Monthly Payment Plan option is available until January 17, 2014. The plan is available only for Spring 2014 charges, you may not include prior terms charges in your total. Prior term and past due charges must be paid directly to your student account by the due date or you will be subject to cancellation.
Please note that at the time of enrollment you will be required to pay the enrollment fee and all monthly payments per the schedule below:
|Enroll:||# of Payments Due:||Next payment due:|
|October 21 - November 20||1||December 1|
|November 21 - December 20||2||January 1|
|December 21 - January 18||3||February 1|
The forth and fifth payments will be due on February 1 and March 1, 2014. See http://www.fis.ncsu.edu/cashier/payment/mpp.asp for more information.
GI Bill Students
Students attending under the GI Bill will receive an email from email@example.com with payment options after you have been certified by the Veteran Affairs Office in Registration and Records.
If you have an authorized, off campus, Third Party Sponsor (Ex: Voc Rehab, military, IBM, Country/Embassy) you must submit authorization documentation prior to the billing due date.
- NOTE: Employee reimbursements are not considered a sponsorship. Payment is due by the deadline.
- For complete information on Sponsorships go to: http://www.fis.ncsu.edu/cashier/billing/sponsorbill.asp
Students with campus sponsors (ex: Graduate Support Plan, Department) must have their Advisor/Graduate Secretary complete the proper authorization before the billing due date.
- GSSP pays tuition only so you will need to pay the fees and any other charges posted on your account before the billing due date.
- Departments paying student charges not included in GSSP must submit a GA1 to the Cashier’s Office by the due date.
If you have questions or concerns about GSSP or department payments, you must contact your department.
Please contact your ROTC office if the award does not appear on your account. The ROTC office is responsible for notifying the Cashier’s Office.
First term International Students:
International students who are attending NC State for the first time this semester, and registering between November 20, 2013 and January 06, 2014, are exempt from the above deadlines. This exemption does not apply to students who currently attend, or have previously attended NCSU as Non-degree students or are in certificate programs such as IEP, GTI or SKEMA.
The due date for first-semester, international students is January 14, 2014.
Students who have not paid or provided sponsorship documentation will be subject to cancellation.
First term international students registering on or after January 07, 2014 will be required to pay in advance or provide proof of sponsorship.
This exception applies only to the first semester you are attending. You will be required to make payment for all future semesters by that term’s posted due date.