Refund for Withdrawal

Once the semester begins, students who wish to drop ALL course work for which they are registered must withdraw from the university. Do not use MyPACK Portal unless you are a non-degree studies (NDS) student.
(See Withdrawal from the University)

After the close of the official drop period (Census: typically the 10th day of a Fall or Spring semester and 4th day of a Summer session) a withdrawal may only be granted for exceptional circumstances such as documented medical or hardship situations.

Undergraduate and graduate degree students should contact the Counseling Center to initiate an official withdrawal. Dean's approval and even parental approval in certain cases may be required. Non-degree studies (NDS) students should initiate a withdrawal through the MyPack Portal (Student Self Service > Enrollment > Term Withdrawal). Students who fail to properly withdraw may be held liable for the charges on their account including tuition, fees, housing, and/or dining.

Financial Aid Recipients should talk to a Financial Aid Counselor before withdrawing. Students receiving funds awarded by the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid should be aware of policies regarding withdrawal from the University.

The Federal Higher Education Act requires the University to calculate a Return of Federal Student Aid Funds for students who withdraw (officially or unofficially) from all classes on or before the 60 percent attendance point in the semester. Using a pro-rata schedule, the percentage of the semester attended is used to calculate the amount of the student's earned versus unearned Federal student aid funds. The unearned portion of Federal student aid funds will be returned to the appropriate aid program(s). Students withdrawing from classes are responsible for payment of any balance due after the required return of Federal student aid funds.

Tuition and fee refunds for Official Withdrawals are prorated based on the schedule below and no refunds are made for official withdrawals after 50% of the enrollment period. Students who completely withdraw from the University by these dates are due a refund/reduction as follows:

*An administrative fee of 5% of the total tuition and fee, and late registration fee charges not to exceed $100 will be charged for all withdrawals processed. This fee will post to your account after the processing of your withdrawal.

Spring 2015
Withdrawal Date Refund %
On or before January 7, 2015 100%
January 8, 2015 - January 21, 2015 90%
January 22, 2015 - February 4, 2015 50%
February 5, 2015 - March 4, 2015 25%
On or after March 5, 2015 0%

The deadline for filing a fee appeal application for Spring 2015 is May 7, 2015.

Summer Session I 2015, Three-week, and Ten-Week Session
Withdrawal Date Refund %
On or before May 18, 2015 100%
May 19, 2015 - May 20, 2015 90%
May 21, 2015 - May 27, 2015 50%
May 28, 2015 - June 4, 2015 25%
On or after June 5, 2015 0%

The deadline for filing a fee appeal application for Summer Session I is June 23, 2015.

Summer Session II 2015
Withdrawal Date Refund %
On or before June 25, 2015 100%
June 26, 2015 - June 29, 2015 90%
June 30, 2015 - July 6, 2015 50%
July 7, 2015 - July 14, 2015 25%
On or after July 15, 2015 0%

The deadline for filing a fee appeal application for Summer Session II is July 31, 2015.

Fall 2015
Withdrawal Date Refund %
On or before August 19, 2015 100%
August 20, 2015 - September 2, 2015 90%
September 3, 2015 - September 16, 2015 50%
September 17, 2015 - October 16, 2015 25%
On or after October 17, 2015 0%

The deadline for filing a fee appeal application for Fall 2015 is December 16, 2015.

Refunds will not be processed until after the official drop period (Census) and will be deposited to the student's bank account or mailed to the student's university home/mailing address.

Students have the right to file a refund application (an appeal) in the Student Accounts Section of the University Cashier's Office.  The appeal must be substantiated by medical reasons, unexpected employment changes, death in the immediate family, or University error and will be reviewed by the University Fee Appeals Committee. The appeal can not be processed if you have received academic credit for the course.